Engineers from NASA with ANU students successfully installed SUN PHOTOMETER as part of NASA Aerosol Robotic Network (AERONET). The AERONET ground system and its operating facilities will help measure the atmospheric aerosol column over its region. This technology implementation and environmental research is first of its kind in the sub-region and it facilitates ground based data acquisition which helps to validate other satellite-based aerosol measurement. The project was completed in September 17, 2015.
Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.Steve Jobs
Benefits to Society
Reflective aerosol of the cloud cover helps to reduce the effect of global warming caused by greenhouse gasses. Investigating and understanding the effects of aerosol on cloud formation will help:
- Give detail understanding of global atmospheric phenomena focusing on climate research and the assessment of air quality of the region.
- Contribute to the weather and climate monitoring of the Earth.
- Predict and give early warning about pollution in the atmosphere.
- Improve weather forecasting and climate predictions.
- Develop ANU-SAT-II, an earth observational satellite for town planning and to monitor oil spillage, forest fire and deforestation.
- Build an Amateur 2 & 5 GHz Ground Station.
- Develop an Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) facility for small satellites.
- Establish a Space Museum.
Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla.